Team & partners
Meet the editors:
Marc Louis-Boyard created Slow Culture in October 2016. After working for various agencies as a copywriter and project manager, Marc works now for a startup located in the North of France.
Marc’s greatest interests are literature and music.
E-mail // LinkedIn // Why I Write.
Aurélie Lemaire is a journalist and joined Slow Culture in 2018. She’s also the founder of travel blog 3 raisons pour.
Aurélie’s greatest interest are travels, visual arts and occult sciences.
Email // LinkedIn // Why I Write.
Friends and partnerships:
These references do not form a comprehensive list of our past and present works. As always, more are in the making!
Music & Concerts
Human Sounds Records
Record label located in Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Read our album review of Vacation’s “Vibes & Days” and of girl in red’s “chapter 1“.
- Read our interviews with Lunar Vacation, Sweat and JMY.
Clandestine Label Services
Label services from Brooklyn, NY, USA.
- Read our album review of Cat Casual and the Final Word’s “The Secret Self“.
- Album review of Jennah Barry’s “Holiday” now available.
- Interview of Jason McMahon now available.
- Album review of Jeff Swanson & Case-fitter’s “Fathoms” now available.
- Album review of Horse Lords’ “The Common Task” now available.
- Album review of Trivial Shields’ “Levity EP” now online.
Born Yesterday Records
Record label from Chicago, OH, USA.
- Read our interview of Béret.
- Read our album review of Béret’s “Jesus White“.
- Our album review of Stuck’s “Change Is Bad” is now online.
Books & Literature
- Read our guide featuring six of our favourite titles.
- Read the Why I Write of Richard Brammer, Marcus Slease and Shane Jesse Christmass.
Holland House Books
Indie press located in Berkshire, UK.
- Find Helen E. Mundler’s Why I Write here!
- Emma Darwin’s Why I Write now available.
- Nathalie Abi-Ezzi’s Why I Write now available.
- Our interview of Kevin Jackson is now available.
- Book review of Nathalie Abi-Ezzi’s Paper Sparrows coming soon!
Notting Hill Editions
Indie press located in Devon, UK.
- Book review of “What Time Is It?” (John Berger, Selcuk Demirel and Maria Nadotti) available now.
- Book review of “Denial: The Unspeakable Truth” (Keith Kahn-Harris) available now.
Indie press located in London, UK.
- Book review of Gareth E. Rees’ “Car Park Life” here.
- Book review of Annabel Banks’ “Exercises in Control” now available.
Penguin Random House
The renowned publising house located in London, UK.
Visual Arts, Design and Exhibitions
Lille 3000 x Palais des Beaux Arts de Lille
Museum located in Lille, France.
- Browse our highlighted Instagram story of the exhibition “Le rêve d’être artiste”.
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
The iconic museum located in NYC, NY, USA.
- Read our review of the exhibition “Basquiat’s “Defacement”: The Untold Story”.
ADAM Design Museum of Brussels
Museum located in Brussels, BE.
- Our review of the PUNK GRAPICHS exhibition is available now. Instagram story available.
About our work:
Cool stuff off the beaten track.
– Alexander Dickow, author of Appetites and associate professor at Virginia Tech, VA, USA.
Eclectic, interesting, adventurous.
– Robert Peett, owner of Holland House Books and Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Aurélie and Marc are two passionate & extremely kind guys always looking for the coolest underground culture.
– Lorenzo Lena from Janakis’s Palace.
Slow Culture is THE place to go to hear about the best in indie music and publishing. They unearth the beautiful, the surprising, and the esoteric. I love their recommendations!
– Kim Kremer from Notting Hill Editions.